04 March 2009

trade deadline.

I don't know about all of you, but until 3:00 pm today, I'm going to be checking and rechecking and rechecking my blog list approximately every five minutes. Thanks for the extra anxiety during midterms, NHL trade deadline. I appreciate it. Anyway, I thought that I would take the chance to showcase a few of the blogs that I read almost every day and will be constantly refreshing during work/class today. (These blogs are also listed at the bottom right of my page, along with other non-hockey blogs.)

1. Puck Daddy is a Yahoo! Sports Blog that I absolutely love. Today they've promised to update every hour, so hopefully they keep that up.
2. I came across Broad Street Hockey just last week, and it quickly made its way into my daily blog reading. It's comprehensive, colorful, and informed.
3. If you need a good laugh, head over to Flyers Goal Scored By... I've been reading it since last year and it never fails to crack a smile.
4. The 700 Level is a Philadelphia sports blog that covers the Flyers, Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, and anything else they'd like. It's a well-done blog that I have to admit, I read more when the Phillies and Flyers seasons overlap.
5. She doesn't update quite as often as some of the other blogs (usually once every couple days) but Flyers Femme brings a female perspective to hockey. No, this blog isn't about how cute all of the players are. If you're not a Flyers fan but still want that female perspective, head over to hlog {Hockey's Ladies of Greatness} and find a blog following your team.
6. On The Fly, the official Philadelphia Flyers PR blog, is updated almost daily and usually always on game days.
7. I know this isn't a blog, but I love the Philadelphia Flyers page on Yahoo! Sports. It compiles news, features a team report almost daily, and keeps track of all the stats a girl could want.

Many of these blogs are also on Twitter (and so am I, since about midnight last night), so that you can follow them even closer. Happy blogging!

No comments: